RSQB Simple LicenseWe know that getting your head around complex licensing rights can be confusing. So we’ve put together the RSQB SimpleLicense – written in plain english – to help you easily understand the license that comes with every product on RSQB.
The SimpleLicense gives you the right to use any item purchased on RSQB in a personal or commercial project for yourself or a client, but the item cannot be resold or redistributed on its own, or used in a product offered for sale where the item contributes to the core value of the product being sold.
- Personal or commercial use
- Fonts, Add-Ons (actions, brushes, etc), and other installable items may only be installed on a single computer, but can be used in multiple projects.
- All other items may only be used in a single commercial project.
- For yourself or on behalf of a client
- On its own, or as part of a new work
- When used as part of a new work, there’s no limit to the number of copies of the new work that can be distributed so long as the copies are not offered for sale
- Cannot be sublicensed, resold, shared, transferred, or otherwise redistributed on its own (even for free)
- Cannot be used in a product offered for sale where the item contributes to the core value of the product being sold. For example:
You Can You Can Not Use a purchased icon set as functional icons in your app, such as button icons. Use a purchased icon set as artwork that enhances actual gameplay in your app, such as the birds in Angry Birds. Use a purchased theme for your own personal blog or a client website. Offer a purchased theme to users of your hosting or blogging service (even for free). Use a purchased font to create a logo for a client. Distribute the purchased font with the logo. Use a purchased logo in a website for yourself or a client. Include the purchased logo with a website offered for sale or distributed for free. Convert a purchased website template to an HTML website or theme for yourself or a client. Convert a purchased website template to a theme to sell or distribute for free.
If you’re still unclear about what is or isn’t allowed under the SimpleLicense, please contact RSQB here.